Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
1. Prepare the Aviko SuperCrunch Oven Chips, following the
instructions on the packaging
2. Separate the eggs, putting the yolks in a large bowl and the whites in a smaller bowl
3. Whisk the whites to form soft peaks
4. Add the flour, Cider and salt to the yolks, then which until well combined. Fold the whites into the yolk mixture. This should result in a batter with the consistency of yoghurt (Note; this may vary due to the flour type used; adjust with more flour, egg or Cider if needed)
5. Pour the oil into a large saucepan to the depth of 1cm. Heat the pan over a medium-high heat until the oi reaches a temperature between 170-180°C (if you don't have a thermometer, drop a little batter in, it should sizzle gently)
6. Cut the fish into pieces that will fit into the pan and set to one side.
7. Dip the fish into the batter until both sides are coated. Then carefully lower into the oil, using a slotted spoon. Fry 3-5minutes on each side until the batter becomes golden.
8. Serve with Aviko SuperCrunch Oven Chips
Serve with tartare sauce, mushy peas and a slice of lemon